|Modification of Brand's ASP2 medium for 2268 Agmenellum quadruplicatum; suitable for other axenic marine cultures (salinity = 18 ppt).
For 1 L Total
1. To approximately 850 mL of dH2O, add each of the components in the order specified (except vitamins) while stirring continuously.
2. Adjust the pH to 8.1.
3. Bring the total volume to 1 L with dH2O.
*For 1.5% agar medium: add 15 g of agar to the flask; do not mix.
4. Cover and autoclave medium.
5. Allow to cool and add vitamin B12.
*For agar medium: add vitamin, mix, and dispense before agar solidifies.
6. Store at refrigerator temperature.