This solution requires the combination of two liquid components:
- Pour approximately 450 mL dH2O into a beaker. Heat the beaker in the microwave oven to near boiling.
- Add 10.0 g of Na2EDTA to the stirring beaker.
- After the EDTA fully dissolves, bring the total volume to 500 mL with dH2O.
- Pour approximately 450 mL 0.1 M HCL into a beaker.
- Add 0.81 g of FeC3.6H2O to beaker.
- Bring the total volume to 500 mL with dH2O.
- Slowly add Component B to the heated Component A while stirring.
||Stock Solution Concentration
||Na2EDTA‡2H2O (Sigma ED255)
||10 g/500 mL
||FeCl3‡6H2O (Sigma F-1513)
||0.81 g/500 mL
Note: Final concentration listed is for the stock solution.