Schedule Media Production Training For Non-UTEX Labs
In order to be placed on the Authorized Non-UTEX lab personnel list you must complete a facilities and media review with Catherine Goss (Business Manager), Stephen Peña (UTEX Culture Collection Manager), or Dr. David Nobles (Curator).
- You must also be EH&S compliant by being up-to-date on OH101, OH201, OH202, OH238, and FF205.
- You must also complete EH&S OH102 site-specific training for UTEX facilities.
- Once approved and trained, you must sign in and out every time you use UTEX Media Kitchen and include the required information (media type, amounts).
- You will abide by all UTEX and University rules while using UTEX facilities.
- Be courteous to others who utilize the lab by keeping the area clean and notify staff when stock solutions are low.
Use of UTEX facilities is a privilege and your access may be revoked at any time.
Schedule Media Production Training Time
Reserve UTEX Media Kitchen Time
Rules For Use of UTEX Facilities
We at UTEX are very pleased to share our expertise, facilities, holdings, and equipment with UT faculty, researchers, and students. Maintenance of the largest algal culture collection in the U.S. and worldwide distribution of our strains for research are labor intensive and require extensive use of our laboratory resources, so we do ask that outside users of our facilities follow a few basic rules.
- Use of the Special Projects Room (BIO 220): A request form for use of space in BIO 220 must be submitted to the Curator and approved before space is allocated. To access the form, scan the QR code located on the wall outside of BIO 220. This will take you to the request form. Complete and submit the form. Please plan ahead and submit any requests well in advance of the date that you require the space. Generally, you should expect to get a response from the Curator regarding your request within 7 business days.
- Use of the Media Kitchen: Anyone who wishes to use UTEX facilities to make culture media must receive training from UTEX personnel (currently Catherine Goss), complete site specific laboratory safety training (OH102), and have their name registered with EH&S for work in UTEX facilities. All users must request media training and media production time at: https://utex.org/pages/utex-facilities-reservations
- Use of Other Equipment and Facilities: The use of UTEX facilities (BIO 319, BIO 320, BIO 219, BIO 220) and equipment (refrigerators, freezers, incubators, centrifuges, microscopes, spectrophotometers, etc.) is strictly prohibited without explicit permission from the Curator or UTEX staff.
Violations of these rules may result in revocation of access to and use of UTEX facilities.