|R.C. Starr's modification of Volvocacean medium (E.G. Pringsheim, pers. Comm.), i.e., the amount of (NH4)2HPO4 is increased 3-fold, for axenic cultures of Eudorina (1204, 1205 and 1206) and other colonial volvocales.
For 1 L Total
1. To approximately 900 mL of dH2O, add the following components in the order listed except Euglena medium while stirring continuously.
2. Adjust the pH to 6.0
3. Bring total volume to 1 L with dH2O.
4. Discard 200 mL of this medium.
5. Transfer 200 mL of Euglena Medium into the flask.
* For agar pour 10 g of agar into the flask; do not mix.
6. Autoclave medium.
7. Store at refrigerator temperature.