|Modification of Sandgren's recipe. Suitable for xenic cultures of freshwater chrysophytes.
For 1 L Total
1. To approximately 950 mL of dH2O add each of the components in the order specified (except vitamins) while stirring continuously.
2. Adjust the pH to 6.7.
3. Bring the total volume to 1 L with dH2O.
*For 1.5% agar medium add 15 g of agar into the flask; do not mix.
4. Cover and autoclave medium.
5. When cooled add vitamins.
*For agar medium add vitamins, mix, and dispense before agar solidifies.
6. Store at refrigerator temperature.