|Modification of the SAG medium. Suitable for 2393 Cyanidium caldarium.
For 500 mL Total
1. To approximately 200 mL of dH2O add each of the components in the order specified while stirring continuously.
2. Adjust the pH to 2.7.
3. Continue recipe for agar or liquid.
* a. Bring the total volume to 250 mL with dH2O.
* b. In a separate container add 7.5 g of agar into 250 mL of dH2O, do not mix.
* c. Steam both solutions for 15 minutes and put in a 50°C water bath.
* d. Add containers together aseptically and dispense before it solidifies.
* a. Bring the total volume to 500 mL with dH2O.
* b. Cover and autoclave medium.
* c. Store at refrigerator temperature.